Tuesday, November 13, 2012

2013 Amber Spear Wellington Workshops Preview


This is just a small pre-announcement that my dear friend Amber Spear has decided to run 3 workshops in Wellington on the week ending of March 8-10 2013. I will provide further details soon but for now I want to provide some personal context regarding my association with this very special Yogini.

Earlier this year I took quite a leap of faith, joining Amber on her Bali retreat. I arrived in a strange country, never having met Amber nor any of the other participants attending. I may have arrived as a stranger but I left knowing I was now part of a family. I was filled with a sense of gratitude towards Amber for her open heart and spirit. If not for her none of this would ever have happened. A Globe-travelling Yogini and native of Australia (but with a connection to NZ) Amber visits all parts of the world sharing her love of Yoga and constantly seeking to expand her own horizons. She is a brave and courageous soul who brings a lot of good into the world and I admire her greatly. Definitely, she has made my life a better place and helped me on my on-going journey to be a better person.

It is my sincere hope that her workshops will be well supported while she is here, in a very real sense of the word I'd like to see the Wellington Yoga community in general, and more specifically my own Yoga Whanau really step up to the plate and make her visit the success I know it deserves to be. In addition, and having experienced a lot of Ambers teaching, I know her workshops will also be suitable to curious non-Yogis willing to try something new. I guarantee everyone who attends will be glad they did. Amber does not teach like me, and she will share new insights and offer new challenges outside the scope of my own classes. I see this is a wonderful thing and an opportunity not to be missed.

1 comment:

  1. Dear one, thank you bendy Bruce this is so sweet. I am looking forward to returning to my New Zealand heritage-land and connecting with Wellington's yogis very much ! 5 months to go and counting the days :)
    Big love and Namaste,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete