Monday, June 11, 2012

Wellington Yoga Classes 11/06/2012 - 17/06/2012

St Andrews Church Hall, Wednesday, 12pm-1pm =ON=
Purebalance, Plimmerton, Saturday, 9am-10:15am =ON=
Ngiao Town Hall, Sunday, 1:25pm-2:10pm *Trial Class* =ON=

I am excited to announce that I am trialling a new class at Ngiao town hall this Sunday. The background of this class is that there appears to be a synergistic interest from the lovely Zumba peeps whom I've come to know through Carolyn Patchells awesome Zumbalicious group dance/fitness classes.

With her blessing and enthusiasm I have decided to run this class with a view to making it known and available to her Zumba clientèle, but also open to anyone interested specifically in doing Yoga. It is important to note however that if the class continues as a permanent fixture it will be run as an independent Yoga class under my own branding called "Open Circle Yoga". In other words, it will be linked to my other existing independent class at St Andrews Church hall. In a practical sense this means it will be based around the same (very reasonable) pricing structure and offers the advantage that people who buy concession cards from me will have a choice of two classes.

I do not yet know if this class will stick, or go beyond an initial trial (which I'm running free to everyone) but obviously I hope it does prove to be viable. Believe it or not, I truly love teaching Yoga, and while I will never be the perfect teacher (nor in my view a particularly traditional one) on balance, I know that what I share brings a lot of good and joy into the lives of others, and just as importantly, into my own life too.

As a teacher, I feel it very important to reiterate that I am just a normal fallible human being like everyone else. There was just a natural and organic (if unexpected) calling for me to facilitate a process that has worked very well in my own life and which I now also like to share with others, as an open offering that they might find something of value in it. Teaching itself has become a part of my own practice and it keeps me challenged and growing in ways that for the last several years, while not always easy or without complications, have always been for the better.

Om Shanti
b

No comments:

Post a Comment